Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 3081 (Who?), Viewed: 365319 times.
Page 124 of 124
Test Subject
#3076 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 8:54 PM
@LiliLiliLili With fewer EPs, I don't think your old save will work at all. You can try, though, because it's been well over 10 years since the one time I tried something of the sort, so I might not be remembering correctly.

However, if you already had bugs, it might be better to start again with clean, empty templates, the whole thing - it's a pain to set up, but considering how long a ToT hood needs to be able to run, it's worth it.
If you want to keep your progress, you can try cloning your sims in SimPE and recreate everything in the new hood. Also a long process, but depending on how advanced in the challenge you are and how attached you are to your sims, it might be a good solution.
Lab Assistant
#3077 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 4:01 PM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 25th Apr 2018 at 4:55 PM.
I just thought about the last method today!

But it is indeed too time consuming and I'm not really a pro... I'll need to keep track of them more, so I can't remake them 100%... I mean the family tree, I haven't a way in SimPE to check family trees, just households.

I think I might make a new... Because well I have different CC and such... I can make it better this time and different
Lab Assistant
#3078 Old 23rd May 2018 at 4:22 PM
I actually remade my sims 2 founders in sims 3. Or at least, based on them, because I changed the clothing style and don't really modified their facial structure. :/ I might come up with some color scheme for every household to distinguish them. I think it is much easier to create clothing in sims 3 and I can even copy them with mastercontroller to different outfit categories. Much easier.
I hope I can manage it with the story progression mod.
Field Researcher
#3079 Old 25th May 2018 at 4:06 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 25th May 2018 at 4:34 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriOlivia
@Frogsnack Thanks so much for replying so quickly! If you don't mind uploading, I love to check out your SP settings in game. So far I've picked my world-Cottonwood Hills which is an empty version of Sunset Valley. I plan on adding community lots appropriate for the different eras as I move through generations. I've created my five families and played almost a sim week with one family as of now. I decided to go with TS2 aging which was easy to set up. My Neanderthals will have a fairly short life span because honestly I'd like to get through the first era as fast as possible, I have it set to 75 sim days. Weekly rotation seemed like the easiest to keep track of so I'll stick to that as well.
I've disabled break ups and marriages, for now I'm just allowing boyfriend/girlfriends and will introduce marriage in the Roman Era. My sims can still cheat though
I've allowed non active sims to get pregnant but I'm not sure if I'll keep it just yet. There's already been 3 births in my non active families and 1 birth in my active household and can you believe they all had BOYS?! LOL! I really like the idea of having specific lifetime rewards for the different castes. The whole Nraas caste system is still a bit confusing to me but I'm trying to figure it out because I know how helpful it will be as time progresses and more sims are added to the mix.

Hey-- sorry! I've not been simming a whole lot lately as I became a Realtor recently and there are essentially no days off when starting this kind of business. I do want to make a video about how the caste system is set up, but I had some issues when filming it, I'll tag you somewhere when I finally get that together.

But I did get some time to play this week and I found my TOT settings (there are three columns down, it's from a spreadsheet);

Settings Overview for TOT!

Also my rule variants;

Also random update as I'm playing now, Shravan Edificae (I renamed him as his son is the current head, Brennan Edifice)
Shravan's wife is Ambrosia, they have five kids in the house; Livius, Iolius, Savan, Maral and Sargis. Sravan collects gems and cuts them to sell to the wealthy at the consignment shop (but if I had any idea of how I could make him work for a higher family without moving him out of his house I would). He also owns three items that could get him sent to the games; two gems over 1k and a bookshelf, but he's taking risks as he has something like 36 kids and grandkids and he's lived a pretty good life.

(also as naming people is my favorite part of this challenge, the newest babies in this tribal family are called Dilshad and Bahadur <3)+

@LiliLiliLili I lvoe your set up for the houses it's so cute! Small lots too, that should be fun soon
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog <3
Test of Time Challenge! Family Tree, Stats & Pics
Watch my Test of Time Challenge Let's Play on Youtube!
Lab Assistant
#3080 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:18 PM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 27th May 2018 at 7:37 PM.
Thanks.

But I just had a big spring cleaning session in my personal harddrive, I made decisions and stuff, so now I will not play sims 3 for some time, at least that setup as I deleted lots of things taking up several GBs. These are the times when you realize you also have duplicate pictures and childhood computer drawings consisting of scribble lines saved....... It is because I plan to put everything to DVDs in case every hard drive becomes damaged. And they said we don't have enough of them to put all of my GBs on it and I would not need most contents in the future. I also deleted Sims content. Before deleting most of my Sims backups and CCs too, I managed to get into the Sims 2 hoods! I was suprised the house remodels I did and new houses! I was at gen 2, however I cheated a bit with aging up them early. There are some babies (gen3) too. The game ran very slow due to graphics problem, but now I've uninstalled it. With just few EP it runs smoothly, though, so maybe I could play with those in a clean save in the future. So I got into the newly installed very slow game with every old save and tons of CC just to look around and take lots of pictures for future reference... But I also sorted them out and deleted most of them, so it is not much. Now, on topic, I show you the TOT hood's documentations.

The first pic is about the gen 2 couples and if they already had kids, them.
The next pictures are old house layouts, then after each of them the new ones I probably made around september 2016. (10 pictures) Poor Visking household's house is still the same. I don't know why I didn't remodel it, maybe I waited for something? Most of the updates were accomplished because some founders died and I got a lot of inheritance.
Then the next are the new houses. I figured I would actually have just 10 houses, because if I were to play longer then the remaining to-be married people would live in some founder houses.
The last picture is about the non-old age death sims. I ressurected them with insimenator just for the pictures.
Test Subject
#3081 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 2:42 PM
Hey people!
Just so you know, I've finally gotten around to creating a site for my ToTC. The link is in my signature.
Updates should be on Fridays, at least until the end of June.

Test of Time Challenge: Archea.
Lab Assistant
#3082 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:34 PM
You have built a nice lot!
Page 124 of 124